Friday, July 13, 2012

Weekly Wrap-Up: The One That's Short but Sweet



Ahhhh, summer. Time to relax. Except it's been too stinkin' hot to do much so it's a good thing we have some review items going to keep us busy.

And the CAT test. We live in a testing state so it's something that we must do. As usual, it was no biggie. Opened, completed, mailed back, and a celebratory Slurpee in under two hours. Record time. lol

Hopefully, the scores will come back as quickly as they did last year because we are cutting it kind of close this year. Normally, we take it in May.

We also finished up two review items this week, one is posted and the other will be posted within the next couple of days.



Kayleigh worked on her All About Reading letter S. For skunk of course. We practiced clapping out syllables again with more difficult words. She was spot on. Then she half-heartedly colored the skunk craft as she still doesn't really like to color. She showed more enthusiasm when she got to finger paint the white stripe down his back.

Kayleigh is also helping me with some review stuff but I'm not talking. Not yet anyhow.



In other news, it rained. Which was good because our water bill is going to be higher thanks to all the extra watering due to the heat. And it helped a bit with the "hot."  It's also not good because this is what our neighborhood looks like after ten minutes of rain. Build an ark people! The city has maintained for years that there is nothing wrong with the drains around here. Yeah right! Three more months until we move to the new house.  I'll be able to say good bye to the canal in my front yard. See ya!! Woo-hoo!

We ended the week with a trip to the local children's museum with our best buds. Kayleigh was excited to find a new Curious George exhibit. I'm ambivalent about George myself. I find his monkey shenanigans annoying and, quite frankly, I probably would not be as lenient as The Man in the Yellow Hat when dealing with them. But that's just me. =o)

We also hit the planetarium for a quick show. The children were a little dismayed with the heavy evolutional content. We were so proud. And of course we had to hit the bubble room too. You can't not hit the bubble room. It's against the rules. Sadly one of our buddies got a bit beat up by one of the bubble apparatus. But don't worry, she's okay now.



The grown-ups discussed our plans for our annual "Not-Back-to-School" celebration. I'm not telling you about that either. It's my blog and I don't have to. You're going to have to wait patiently until September 4 to find out. But I will tell you that we're going bigger this year. Bigger I say! I better start saving my pennies now.

And I think that about rounds up our week. I've got another give away coming on Monday, so watch for that. Especially if you're going to being any type of world cultures study any time soon.  This prize will certainly help you with your study. So what did your week look like?


Photobucket
Linking up to: Preschool Corner, Collage Friday, Week Wrap-Up, and The Homeschool Mother's Journal.

4 comments:

Mary said...

I can't wait to see pics of your new house! How exciting for you. What's wrong with your city? Clearly there is something wrong with the drains!

Unknown said...

No wrap-up for me this week - we're on the island but heading back tonight for more family stuff - so I'm hen pecking on the Kindle. LOL Big not back to school plans huh? LOL I have some big plans too but not sure I can make them work.

Unknown said...

I love George. And I'm thinking about our Not Back to School party, too. And I won't share with you either -- so there! ;)

Unknown said...

I feel the same way about George - naughty monkey! The Man in the Yellow Hat sure wasn't very good at supervising...

Send some of that rain to MN! We're hot, hot, hot!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...