Monday, May 23, 2011

Tot School~Lite

Kayleigh is 39 months

tot_school150

We had a very light week of Tot School this week.  There was no new letter of the week.  Mainly we played catch-up on our ABC book and did some things that I had planned for earlier weeks but never gotten around too.   Partially because I was feeling lazy and partially because we had a lot going on around the house, not to mention recitals of all kinds.

The A/C needed repairs.  We had our grass “killed”, an irrigation system installed (we’re expecting sod this week LOL), and we enlarged our back yard so the kids have more play space.  We live in an end-unit town home with a dinky backyard and a huge and useless side yard.  Fixed that. LOL

So I guess we’ll call this week a week of eclectic skill building. LOL

She decided that she wanted to use the hole puncher like mommy.  Clearly we need to work on that some more. LOL

DSC_0008redo

She colored a lot of the printables from ABC Mouse.   We are really loving this program.  I’m going to dedicate a whole post to this program soon.

DSC_0011redots

This is actually a picture of my oldest doing math but I cracked up when I noticed Kayleigh grinning in the background.   I believe she was gloating that she was playing on the computer while sissy had to do school work.  Typical Kayleigh.

DSC_0021redo

Here she is playing on ABC Mouse.  She just loves it.  And boy are her computer skills improving by leaps and bounds.

DSC_0032redots_edited-1

DSC_0030redots

We went to the Scholastic Book Fair.  My friend actually filled a wagon full of books for her two, just two, kids.  My other friend and are more discriminating so we came in under $50.  I prefer the actual book club flyers over the warehouse sale.  I find more stuff that is to my liking.

_DSC0003redots

Kayleigh did enjoy her new books.  This getting dressed book was a favorite.

DSC_0040redots

I think her favorite active was climbing in one of our Trofast storage bins. LOL  At least until she had to put back all of the stuff that she dumped out.

DSC_0054redots

She did some princess sorting from the Princess Pack over at 1+1+1=1. 

DSC_0065redo

Another printable from ABC Mouse.  This was a first time doing a color by number so I had her help me find the right section and then I’d outline it for her to color.  She started off so strong.

DSC_0076redots

Then she went all Kayleigh on me. LOL  So close, yet so far. 

DSC_0087redots

Another printable from the site.  She was very into coloring that day.

DSC_0089redots

We played catch-up on our ABC book.  We did M is for Mickey and Minnie, N is for Numbers, and P is for Princess.  They all involved stickers that I had. LOL  Nice and easy.  We were supposed do to O is for Octopus but forgot it.  It was a little more involved than stickers. LOL

DSC_0101redots

 

She played with her Smart Shapes Peg  Stacker.  Always a favorite.  Especially when a hammer is involved.

DSC_0112redots

DSC_0124redots

Mackenzie loves these things too.  This particular set is rather small so I ordered peg stacker set so they’ll be more to share.   We can’t wait for them to get her tomorrow.

DSC_0172redots

She did a lot of cutting.  I finally broke out her Kumon Let’s Cut Paper book and she was a cutting maniac.

DSC_0182redotsDSC_0185redots

In the area of practical life, she’s been witness to a lot of heavy machinery as we redo our yard.

DSC_0212redots

And the highlight of her week was when Mackenzie’s music teacher asked Kayleigh to participate in the last class.  Kayleigh was so proud and excited.  She got to play the boom whackers.  Lucky girl!!

photo-2redoPL

Check out what the other tots  are up to by clicking the tot school button at the top of the page.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She does such a GREAT job! Look at her working that computer and those scissors!

Carolyn said...

I have got to get some peg stackers! My oldest would go nuts with those! And I love lazy weeks, mainly because we seem to have the most fun on those days. :)

jess_hak said...

I love Scholastic! I've been trying to join them to get the book order flyers....but I've never gotten one. I suppose I should call them. Looks like you had a very busy lazy week! Thank you for sharing. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...