Friday, January 14, 2011

Project Life: Week One

I had so much fun doing my December Daily project.  It was totally exciting for to have actually finished a photo project.  I still get a thrill when I look at my finished book.

My fantabulous friend Wendy, who got me to do the December Daily, had a new project idea for us.  Project Life by Becky Higgins.

It's a very simple twist on scrap booking.  You get the kit and it provides with a binder, special page protectors (similar to baseball card protectors only for photos), and decorative elements/journaling cards to use in the pockets.  All I provide are the pictures.  Take 'em, print 'em, write a little blurb on journal cards, and shove them in the pockets.  Any blank spots get a decorative card.  That's it!  You're done.

How easy is that?  (And there's also a digital one.)

Some people do a picture a day.  Other's a layout a month.  It's what works for you and your family.  I'm doing a layout a week but not a picture everyday, necessarily.  If I have more than one picture from one day then I'll use it.

I'm excited to see the finished project at the end of the year.  The girls love the December Daily book and I'm excited to have more albums for them to look back on over the years.

And with that.  Here's my first layout.  One down 51 more to go.

"Title" Page

Week One

Week One~left

Week One~right

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...